Master Cookie Crafters (Alpha)
A downloadable game for Windows
MASTER COOKIE CRAFTERS
Updated 3 January 2018: Half a year later, and a slightly more complete build is here! It's really starting to kinda look like a full game, doesn't it?
Changelog 16 January 2018:
- Removed AI displaying debug information
- Fixed a bug with AI involving the control status
This release adds:
- A title screen and menu
- Character selection
- Special attacks for each character (which can be toggled on or off)
- Animation for the game pieces
- A (very simple) AI opponent
I haven't really gotten to a good point where I can fit the special attack descriptions in the game proper, but here they are, if you're confused:
- Carmela: Time Stop - Your opponent cannot move and no matches can be made
- Viviane: Wash Away - All of your opponent's Master Cookies (5s) get replaced with regular cookies
- Dr. Pamela: Reversal - The next attack your opponent makes against you is made against them instead
- Rowan: Rude Hex - Matches that your opponent makes subtracts from their score instead
- Zaina: Horizontal Bind - Your opponent cannot move left or right
- Kendra: Divine Blessing - You will make two extra Master Cookies per match made
- Avaline: Stack Split - Players' scores are averaged out
- Tanith: Sabotage - Five random cookies on your opponent's board get burnt, hindering their ability to score
(Note: Most special attacks are temporary status effects. The exceptions are Viviane, Avaline, and Tanith, whose specials only happen once per attack)
Original description (5 July 2017): Okay wow this is barely an alpha of this game. Functionally, it's a threadbare Yoshi's Cookie vs mode clone (Mario vs Mario) with no graphics, sound, menus, or AI-cotrolled opponent. But I'm quite certain that everything that's here is functional (that said, please let me know if you encouter any bugs)
In time, I hope to include the aforementioned missing features, a tutorial, a story campaign, and a selection of eight playable characters, each one with their own special attack that brings something new to the baking scene!
But that's gonna be for a while.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.